Which training is the best one for me?
Our Educational Outreach Coordinator is available to discuss your training goals and previous coaching experience to ensure that you choose the best training to meet your needs. Here is a quick overview of the options.
- Are you interested in a full coach training program for a coaching credential? Empowering Students Through Coaching is the best training for you!
- Looking for ICF credits for a credential or credential renewal? Coaching Neurodivergent Learners is a 20-hour program designed for coaches.
- Are you a higher education professional seeking coaching skills training for yourself or your team? Our Student Success Coaching Skills for Higher Education Professionals is a great place to start.
What is your philosophy on learning?
JST Coaching & Training believes that every person is unique, bringing their strengths, perspectives, and growing edges to coach training and the world they interact with. We provide the framework for each participant to explore and practice their coaching presence using ICF’s core competencies to guide them. Once participants have a strong foundation of practiced coaching skills with feedback from our trainers and credentialed mentors, JST Coaching & Training deepens participants’ understanding of executive function skills and ADHD to understand how these conditions can impact coaching.
How many hours of asynchronous training are required?
This depends on the individual and the course. Empowering Students Through Coaching requires 4-6 hours per week, including reading, videos and weekly buddy coaching sessions. Coaching Neurodivergent Learners requires 3-4 hours per week, including weekly buddy coaching sessions. Self-study materials for both courses are to be completed throughout the course and are due two weeks after the final lesson. The workload for each course decreases over time and we will make accommodations as needed.
What is the course delivery method/learning platform?
JST Coaching & Training uses Zoom video conferencing which allows all participants to be seen on video during class. Participants can also call in using the alternate phone number provided. We record each session for review and feedback by both participants and trainers. Each participant will be provided with a link to retrieve all course materials, Zoom log-in information and to access the JST Resource Library.
How will I receive credits for taking JST training courses?
Training courses are ICF approved as either an ACSTH or CCE program. Please be aware that not all coach training courses are approved for core competency hours, required for a coaching credential. Below are the credit hours to assist you in choosing a course for credentialing or a credential renewal. Total credit hours awarded are based on attendance and assignment completion.
- Empowering Students Through Coaching – 80 hours ACSTH ICF
- Coaching Neurodivergent Learners – 20 hours ACSTH ICF
Are classes recorded and can they be downloaded?
All virtual classes are recorded and available for viewing via YouTube, but they cannot be downloaded. The training information is proprietary information, owned by JST Coaching, LLC and copyright protected.
Will you be (snail) mailing the class materials?
Course materials will be available online approximately 2 weeks before class begins. This will provide you the opportunity to review information in advance. Additionally, all required text must be purchased at your expense. You may find these books in our online bookstore or purchase them at your local bookstore.
What is the difference between the JST Coaching, LLC Training and The Edge Foundation Training?
There is no difference. The training is the same. JST Coaching & Training is the training provider for the Edge Foundation coaches. The 80-hour and 20-hour distance learning courses ARE the training courses endorsed by the Edge Foundation. Before applying to become an Edge Foundation coach, you must complete one of the following:
- Coaches who have completed a minimum of 60 hours of accredited life coach training are required to complete the 20-hour course, Coaching Neurodivergent Learners.
- Individuals without coach training are required to complete Empowering Students Through Coaching, the 80-hour ACSTH program, which includes all the material from Coaching Neurodivergent Learners and a full life coaching training component.
I see ads from other companies providing ADHD Coaching to individuals. What is the difference in the quality of training from JST?
The JST Coaching & Training programs are the first and only research-based student & ADHD coach training programs. JST Coaching & Training was the first coach training company to focus on student coaching, recognized worldwide for graduating the best-trained coaches for students with or without ADHD. Our graduates learn the intricacies of coaching students, ages 8 to 30 and how to manage the concerns of parents. We would be happy to connect you with our training graduates.
Where can I find an ADD/ADHD Coach?
Looking for a coach specializing in student coaching or ADHD coaching? The JST Coach Finder connects you with coaches around the country. All JST graduates have completed at least one 20 hour coach training program with JST and most have additional life coach training and earned coaching credentials. Find the best coach for you or your student now.
Benefits of hiring a JST Graduate
- Consistent standard of training
- Proven coaching tools and techniques
- Knowledge of ADHD, EF, LD and co-existing conditions
- Specific, research-based student coach training
- Focus on coaching the whole person
- Face to face, phone and Skype coaching options
How do I go about choosing the right coach for my child?
Please read “Your Guide to Finding the Right Coach” *
* Disclaimer – All coaches are individual business owners and are not employees of JST Coaching, LLC. We cannot verify additional training and experience of all JST Graduates
What is the cost?
Coaching fees are set by each individual coach, typically based on experience and the specific services provided. Please inquire directly with each coach to obtain their fees. The general rule-of-thumb is $300-500 per month for weekly coaching sessions and accountability check-ins. On average, coaching costs approximately $100 per week and most students stay with coaching for 6 -12 months.
How often does a coach meet with my student?
Generally, coaches meet with clients for 30-45 minutes each week, in person, by phone or virtually. In addition, they provide valuable accountability check-ins by text or e-mail between appointments.
Will a coach come to my home so they can see my student’s disorganization?
It is recommended that you talk with coaches to determine the scope of their services and if they provide in-home coaching. Our coaches report that it’s both cost and time effective to work from their offices versus in your home. The coaches discuss the issues with the students and can use virtual platforms or FaceTime to see the student’s space. Coaches can gather valuable information without a home visit.