|Summer 2023||Fall 2023|
|Dates||July 25 – August 10, 2023||October 6 – November 7, 2023|
|Day(s) of Week||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Tuesdays|
|Time||3:00 – 5:00pm ET||3:00 – 5:00 pm ET|
|Price||$1,095 USD per person||$1,095 USD per person|
Contact us for private group training options
Please note the June 2023
CLASS IS FULL
Higher Education Affiliation
Future Course Dates
Student Success Coaching Skills Training for Higher Education Professionals
At JST Coaching & Training we believe that teaching Student Success Coaching Skills directly to administrators, staff and faculty will open doors for student-directed learning while promoting a growth-mindset throughout your institution. Through providing services that are personalized and proactive, coaching can help you to improve your post-secondary attainment rates.
The JST research-based coaching model has been shown to provide key coaching practices that are particularly effective at improving student outcomes. Through JST’s process, students improve their skills, self-regulation and sense of belonging — leading to greater academic and life success. Our training provides core life coaching skills to help you, your colleagues and your institution increase student-directed communication which helps students:
- learn solid life skills such as self-advocacy and critical thinking
- increase resiliency, self-confidence self-determination
- improve students’ sense of belonging and self-worth
- and persist to graduation
We know that student demographics vary from campus to campus and this training will examine how to foster success in ALL students.
“This training course is designed for higher education professionals including academic advisors, learning support professionals, disability support providers, student affairs, administrators, faculty, and private higher education coaches and consultants.“
Participants will learn core life coaching skills while gaining a better understanding of the neurobiology of the brain necessary to effectively coach and support neurodiverse students. Each two-hour lesson includes lecture/discussion as well as coaching demonstrations and practice.
All participants will receive a course manual, perpetual access to our resource library, a private link to all class recordings, ongoing faculty support between sessions and a certificate of completion from JST Coaching & Training.
Why Choose JST Coaching & Training?
- Earn a certificate of course completion
- Increase retention and graduation rates
- Help students take control and be more successful
- Integrate coaching into the First Year Experience
- Learn how to reach struggling students to help them become more self-determined
- Develop skills to improve your connection to first-generation students, older students, veterans and students with disabilities
- Become competitive with other institutions offering coaching services
- Receive a course manual, access to review all class recordings and perpetual access to the JST Resource Library
- Learn from a diverse faculty with Higher Education experience
- Participate in on-going virtual chats with Jodi Sleeper-Triplett