Managing communications with students, both in-person and virtually, can be challenging for higher education professionals, especially when students are still learning to self-advocate, take ownership of their choices and move forward academically and personally in the face of new and challenging situations.
Our private webinars are designed to provide basic information to your team on a number of key topics with options to customize the content that meets the needs of your institution. We will explore how to enhance your effectiveness with students using coaching techniques and appreciative strategies that you can easily integrate in your interactions with students to increase motivation, reframe challenges and instill self-confidence. Coaching skills such as powerful questions, listening actively and cultivating trust and safety are beneficial in supporting students as they traverse the rocky terrain of higher education in today’s world.
All webinars are two hours in length and include handouts, class discussion, breakout groups and a Q&A session.
Fees are based on the size of your team and the level of customization requested.
Learn Coaching Skills to Enhance Your Effectiveness with Students
- Understand how coaching skills in daily interactions on campus and virtually can shift student outcomes, increasing self-reliance and self-determination.
- Learn how coaching can support students online and in-person through cultivating trust and safety, reframing challenges, and instilling confidence.
- Explore how providing one-on-one and group coaching for students can increase enrollment, retention and persistence to graduation.
Building Strong Relationships in a Virtual World
- Learn how to build strong relationships and connection with students virtually through coaching techniques and appreciative strategies.
- Support students online through cultivating trust and safety, reframing challenges, and instilling confidence.
- Understand how coaching skills can help motivate your students.
- Recognize and address how to help students Manage a Virtual Lifestyle.
Building Inclusiveness in the Higher Education Community
- Learn key social justice terms and their impact on inclusiveness.
- Explore how diverse community members, experience societal challenges that require unique support.
- Understand how bias can be disrupted.
- Shift perspectives on how to build an inclusive community.
- Gain awareness of small steps every person can take that lead to lasting change.
This webinar can be tailored for students.