|Day(s) of Week||TBA|
18 Credit Hours
(9 Core Competency & 9 Resource Development)
Future Course Dates
Are you ready to shift your mindset about diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice?
- Do you notice that you or other people are starting to lose steam on this important topic? Or has it become a choice about whether or not to discuss it?
- Are you encountering resistance?
- Do you want tools to engage and speak with your clients and colleagues more effectively?
- Eager to actively participate in learning about inclusive coaching language and tactics to use with your clients?
At JST Coaching and Training, we understand the importance of the ICF Core Competency, Embodies a Coaching Mindset. As coaches, we have endless opportunities to support individuals and organizations as they shift to a social justice mindset. The journey begins with YOU, the coach, and your self-work, as you embody a coaching mindset in service of your clients.
This timely course will take a deep dive into many of the puzzle pieces – race, culture, ethnicity, gender, neurodiversity, LGBTQIA+, ability and religion, — and provide an understanding of unconscious biases and how societal power and privilege shape our worldview and impact our coaching
We will guide you on a journey of shifting from a mindset of fear, confusion, and self-doubt to one of greater clarity as you move towards cultural humility and social change for yourself and with your clients. This virtual, interactive course is designed to maximize class participation and connection in a safe, confidential setting for self-exploration and learning
This course includes both pre-course work and homework between sessions, so we encourage you to register early.
- Explore our Identities – Privileged and Marginalized, and the significance of Intersectionality.
- Understand The Impact of Bias and Assumptions on Neurodiverse individuals.
- Discover how to increase trust and safety in coaching.
- Learn about bias – individual and systemic — what it is, why it exists, how it may inform coach/client relationships and interactions.
- Learn how to disrupt stereotypical thinking and bias in our lives.
- Discuss real-world case studies with peers and colleagues.
This is a much-needed and eye-opening coaching course! We all need to learn how the words we use and the actions we take really DO matter. Kudos to the JST Training team for putting this class together!— Lynn Miner-Rosen, M.Ed., ACC, CDCS of LMR Coaching, LLC & ADHD Job Squad
Jodi and Joy created the space, structure and safety for us to settle in and make tangible progress in each session. Now I know the way to grow in my understanding of systemic racial injustice is to simply start the journey of understanding privilege.— Sherri Cannon, Coach, The Cannon Group
Before the course I believed that I understood racism and racists. Now I realize that my desire to be anti-racist requires becoming more informed. I have to begin by understanding myself before I can truly understand others.— Anonymous
Why Choose JST Coaching & Training?
- 8 hours of synchronous training + 4 hours of asynchronous training
- Access to review all class recordings
- Earn a certificate of completion from an ICF-accredited training program
- Perpetual access to the JST Resource Library
- Learn from a diverse Faculty with K-12 and Higher Education experience