At JST Coaching and Training, we understand the importance of a Social Justice Mindset. Coaches have endless opportunities to support individuals and organizations as they shift to a social justice mindset. The journey begins with YOU, the coach, and your self-work, as you embody a coaching mindset in service of your clients.
This timely course will take a deep dive into many of the puzzle pieces – race, culture, ethnicity, gender, LGBTQIA+, ability and religion, — and provide an understanding of unconscious biases and how societal power and privilege shape our worldview.
We will guide you on a journey of shifting from a mindset of fear, confusion and self-doubt to one of greater clarity as you move towards social change for yourself and with your clients. This virtual, interactive course is designed to maximize class participation and connection in a safe, confidential setting for self-exploration and learning.
This course includes both pre-course work and assignments between sessions, so we encourage you to register early.
- Gain foundational knowledge of:
- Social Justice, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging, Cultural Awareness, Competence and Humility, Anti-Racism and the impact on Coaching.
- Explore our Identities – Privileged and Marginalized; and the significance of Intersectionality.
- Examine how those identities can inform personal and professional interactions.
- Discover how to increase trust and safety in coaching.
- Learn about bias – individual and systemic — what it is, why it exists, how it may inform coach/client relationships and interactions.
- Learn how to disrupt stereotypical thinking and bias in our lives.
- Discover how to Embody a Coaching Mindset through self-work around DEIB.
- Discuss real-world case studies with peers and colleagues.
This experience is for anyone interested in building or building on their foundation of diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. Very insightful to be able to hear and learn with other coaching professionals. – Mike Powell, VP Organizational Development and Training, — Powell Consulting Group
Jodi and Joy created the space, structure and safety for us to settle in and make tangible progress in each session. Now I know the way to grow in my understanding of systemic racial injustice is to simply start the journey of understanding privilege.— Sherri Cannon, Coach, The Cannon Group
Before the course I believed that I understood racism and racists. Now I realize that my desire to be anti-racist requires becoming more informed. I have to begin by understanding myself before I can truly understand others. — Anonymous